Cocoa powder contains high levels of a number of nutrients, including iron. Adequate iron levels for runners are essential. Adequate iron levels allows our body to be sufficient in transporting oxygen to our muscles. When our bodies have adequate oxygen we are able to perform at our best.
- 300g frozen sliced banana
- 10g peanut butter, smooth
- 1-2tbs cocoa powder
- Place the frozen banana slices into a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Add the peanut butter and cocoa powder.
- Mix until smooth.
- Scoop out to eat immediately or place into closed container and keep in freezer.