This yummy pancake muffin recipe contains lemon juice which is great for post-run recovery. We lose fluid through sweat when we go for a run and drinking plain water replaces the fluid that we lose. However, we also lose electrolytes through sweat when we run and even though plain water can replace the fluid we lose, it does not contain all the electrolytes our bodies need replaced when we sweat. Lemon juice has many of the essential electrolytes such as potassium that we need and can be a great option for post run rehydration.
Replacing the electrolytes we lose from sweat is important. We need to keep our muscles healthy and strong so we can stay active. We do this with adequate muscle function, and we need electrolytes for proper muscle function.
- 2 cups plain flour
- 1.5 tbs Natvia
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 egg 60g butter, melted
- Vanilla essence
- Pinch of salt
- Toppings of choice (we chose sugar free chocolate spread)
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Prepare muffin tin with muffin liners.
- In a bowl add the dry ingredients and whisk.
- In a separate bowl add the wet ingredients and mix well.
- Pour the wet ingredient mixture into the dry ingredient mixture.
- Stir to combine.
- Pour mixture into muffin liners, about 1/2way full.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Serve with toppings of choice.