Carrots are one of my favourite vegetables and they are a great food for runners to consume. They are a complex carbohydrate. This means they give us lots of energy for our runs. They are also a great source of potassium. Potassium helps us balance our sodium levels and electrolytes which runners need for muscle recovery. Enjoy this recipe and the benefits the main ingredient offers.
- 1 cup stevia
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 1/2 cups grated carrots
- 1 1/2 cups chopped pecans
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Grease baking/bread pan.
- In a bowl add the butter and stevia. Mix well.
- Add the eggs and continue to mix.
- Add the flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Stir well.
- Add the pecans and carrots. Stir well.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking/bread pan.
- Bake for 40 minutes.
- Let cool.
- Add icing (optional).