Cacao is a superfood, especially for runners. If you are looking for a natural stimulant then get yourself some cacao. Cacao contains theobromine, a naturally occurring stimulant. This gives us a boost of energy, which as runners we all want more of. Enjoy this 4 ingredient chocolate protein mousse with cacao powder.
- 1 cup Greek Yogurt, plain
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips, dark
- 2 TBS cacao powder
- 1/2 scoop chocolate protein powder
- Toppings (optional): Fresh mixed berries, desiccated coconut, or toppings of choice.
- Melt the dark chocolate chips.
- Allow the melted chocolate to cool.
- Place the melted chocolate into a mixing bowl and add the Greek yogurt, cacao powder and protein powder.
- Mix using an electric mixer until mixture is combined well.
- Place mixture into fridge and allow to thicken.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Add toppings and serve.